The 6U VME SCSI drive module provides support for both a carrier with one removable drive module and a DVD drive.
The carrier and removable drive module section consists of 2 components; the carrier on the 6U VME board and the removable drive module. The connectors between the drive module and carrier are rated for 100,000 mating cycles to support frequent insertions/removals.
The drive module can use any COTS 2.5” SATA Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) providing capacities up to 8TB and sustained transfer rates up to 200 MB/S.
The DVD is a standard slim type DVD in either slot or tray loading version. Modes of operation; DVD-ROM, DVD-R/W, CDROM, CD-R/W.
- 6U VME SATA interfaces factory configured for P0 or P2.
- Fast, efficient field replacement
- DVD compatible with off the shelf DVD/CD utility software
- Solid removable module design with high reliability connectors rated for 100,000 mating cycles
- Drive Modules use COTS 2.5” SATA drives for a range of options
- Options for discrete controlled secure erase, purge, and drive destroy
- Supports High performance SATA2 transfer rates. Backwards compatible with SATA 1
- Current limited
- Power supplied from VME backplaneP
- 2 adapters available