The 6U VME USB3 Carrier with Removable Drive Modules consists of 2 components; the 6UVME carrier board mounted in the 6U VME chassis and support for one or two removable drive modules. The connectors between the drive module and carrier are rated for 100,000 mating cycles to support frequent insertions/removals.
The drive module can use any COTS 2.5” SATA Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) providing capacities up to 4TB (2x2TB) and sustained transfer rates up to 200 MB/S. Options for discrete, controlled secure erase.
- USB interfaces factory configured for front panel, P0 or P2
- Provides boot and/or disk storage
- Up to 4TB of removable storage
- Commercial and extended temperature versions
- Rugged removable module connectors rated for 100,000 mating cycles
- Drive Modules uses COTS 2.5” SATA drives for a wide variety of options
- Options for discrete controlled secure erase
- Robust design for high temperature, shock and vibration environments
- High performance USB3 transfer rates. Backwards compatible with USB1 and USB2
- Compatible with all CPUs with a USB controller
- Front panel activity LEDs
- Current limited
- No additional software required
- Power supplied from VME backplane