The 5.25” SCSI 50-pin Narrow with removable CFast™ is a proprietary FPGA based design that provides a long term solution for replacement of obsolete SCSI floppy, tape (DAT), magneto optical (MO), CD, DVD and PC card drives.
Designed to provide mechanical form, fit, function replacement for COTS 5 ¼” SCSI MO drives.
The design provides a transparent interface from the SCSI bus to a COTS CFast™ card.
Custom firmware provided for SCSI systems that require specific SCSI command responses, capacities or sector sizes. A built-in debug monitor can be used to diagnose and update firmware.
- Drop in replacement for obsolete 50-pin Narrow SCSI drives
- Standard 5.25” form factor, mechanically the same as COTS SCSI MO drives
- Capacities currently up to 512GB; options for custom CFast™ capacities
- Ultra SCSI transfer rates up to 20 MB/s
- Single Ended (SE) interface
- Emulations for SCSI floppy, SCSI magneto optical (MO), SCSI CD, SCSI DVD, SCSI DAT tape and SCSI PC card
- Compatible with CPUs with a SCSI SE controller
- SCSI termination can be enabled within unit
- No additional software required
- CFast™ with write protect switch available
- SCSI ID selection 0 – 7
- ROHS compliant