For applications that require the frequent removal of SSD, the 3U VPX Removable SATA drive module is recommended. It consists of 2 components; the 3U VPX carrier board that mounts in the 3U VPX chassis and the removable SATA drive module. The connectors between the drive module and the carrier are rated for 100,000 mating cycles to support frequent insertions/removals.
The drive module can use any COTS 2.5” SATA Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid State Drive (SSD) providing capacities up to 2TB and sustained transfer rates of up to 500 MB/S. Option for discrete controlled secure erase.
- SATA3 interface to VPX backplane per VITA65
- OpenVPX Ultra Thin Pipe (UTP) storage module profile MOD3‐STO‐1U‐16.5.1‐x.
- 3U VPX Storage VITA 46, 47, 48, 65
- Provides boot disk and/or disk storage
- Conduction or air-cooled versions
- Solid removable module design with high reliability connectors rated for 100,000 mating cycles
- Uses COTS 2.5” drives for wide range of options
- Capacities up to 8TB
- Options for discrete controlled secure erase, purge, and drive destroy
- Robust design for extreme temperature, shock & vibration environments
- SATA interface per OpenVpx storage module profile MOD3‐STO‐1U‐16.5.1‐x or optional rear transition module
- High performance SATA 3 transfer rates. Backwards compatible with SATA1 and SATA2
- Compatible with all CPU’s with a SATA controller
- Current Limited
- No additional software required
- Power supplied from VPX backplane