- Low power 500MHz Vortex86DX processor
- PC/104 Bus compliant 3.6 x 3.8 inches (90 x 96mm)
- 256MB of soldered down SDRAM
- Optional 512MB onboard SSD flash disk
- CompactFlash socket
- Full-featured I/O includes:
- One 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- Two serial RS-232 ports
- Two serial RS-232/422/485 ports
- ESD protection on LAN, USB, and serial ports
- 16 Digital I/O lines with event sense
- PATA, LPT, PS/2 KYBD and mouse controller
- MiniPCI and PC/104 expansion connectors
- WDT, RTC, status LEDs, and beeper
- Fanless: -40°C to +85°C operation
- Runs Linux, DOS, and other x86-compatible operating systems
WINSYSTEMS’ PCM-VDX-1-256 is a 500MHz PC/104 single board computer (SBC) with floating-point support based upon the ultra low power Vortex86DX processor. This board replaces older generation WINSYSTEM and other manufacturers’ 386SX, 486DX, and SC520-based SBCs, providing long-term product availability.
It has 256MB of soldered down DDR2 SDRAM memory plus a CompactFlash socket. It also has an optional 512MB flash disk that can be soldered directly to the board. Other options include an off board battery, 1MB of battery-backed SRAM, CompactFlash retention clip, and a MiniPCI video ard. Contact a factory applications engineer for details and OEM configurations.
The PCM-VDX-1-256 measures 3.6 x 3.8 inches (90 x 96mm) and is PC/104 compliant. This board requires about 4 Watts while operating over an extended temperature range of -40° to +85°C.
The PCM-VDX has easy-to-use connectors to access the wide variety of on board I/O including Ethernet, USB, serial and parallel I/O. Further it has PC/104 and MiniPCI card expansion as well.
The PCM-VDX supports Linux, DOS, and other x86-compatible operating systems. Drivers are available.